Home » F.A.Q.s » How Do I…

How Do I…

Pay a traffic fine and attend traffic school?

If you have received a traffic ticket you have several options to deal with it:

  1. You may pay the penalty, either in person at the courthouse, a branch office or on line. Points will be assessed against your license when applicable.
  2. You may attend a defensive driving course. Points will not be assessed againast your license. Note that this option does not apply for certain violations.
  3. You may plead not guilty and request a court hearing. You must submit this request in person.

The MyFloridaCounty.Com site has answers to many questions regarding paying traffic tickets, traffic school and related matters. Whichever way you choose to pay, the process involves several steps:

  1. Decide whether you want to pay in person at the courthouse, a branch office, or online.
  2. If you are going to pay in person, please provide the ticket or citation number and your driver's license. You may pay by cash, money order, check, or credit card. We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Discover cards, however if you do pay by credit card, there is a 3.5% processing fee added to cover credit card bureau processing fees.
  3. If you are eligible to attend traffic school, which will result in no points recorded against your license, you may choose a school, attend the course, and make sure you receive a course completion certificate. You must make the choice to attend traffic school when you pay your fine (either in person or on line). You have 90 days to complete the traffic course and advise the Clerk that you have completed the course by bringing, mailing or faxing a copy of your completion certificate in to the court.
  4. If you choose to pay online, once you have entered your ticket information, you have the option to accept or decline attending traffic school. Once you have completed the on line payment process and accepted attending traffic school, you must attend the school within 90 days, and advise the court once completed.

Get married in Clay County?

In order to get married you will need a marriage license, which you can obtain in person at the courthouse, or apply on line. The marriage license page on this site has information about the requirements for obtaining a marriage license, links to reference material and forms.

Get a divorce?

Information to come.

Get a copy of my birth, marriage or divorce certificate?

Copies of birth certificates in Florida are provided by Florida Department of Health. Instructions for applying for a certificate, including who can apply and the fees involved are on the Department of Health's web site. There are also application forms that you can fill out, print and mail in.

Records of marriages that took place in Florida from June 6, 1927 are available from the Florida Department of Health, and information about applying for a copy of the certificate, and the application forms are on the Department of Health's website.

Copies of divorces in Florida since June 6, 1927 are held by the Florida Department of Health. Information about obtaining copies and the fees involved are on the Department of Health website.